Admission to the Medical Course – Eligibility Criteria : Candidates wont be allowed to be admitted to the Medical Curriculum of first Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course until.
- He/She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year admission to the MBBS course.
- He/She has passed qualifying examination as under :-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
- Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges.
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination. The pre0-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a "University Examination" and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
- In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination based on merit, candidate for admission to MBBS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination . In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward classes. The marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% as above.
- In case of admission of the basis of Competitive entrance examination , a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics,. Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in Physics Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive entrance examination by securing not less then 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology competitive examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes or other Backward Class the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above.
In case of admission under management quota/nri quota , candidate has to full fill above mentioned criteria
Source:- Medical council of India